audio sync on studio 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #1
New Boot

audio sync on studio 8

Hi,
I'am new to all of this. First time forum user and very new at video editing. I took up video as hobby and I really like it.
I do have some problems though. Presently using a DVD 300 camera. Two HD SATA with 1g ram. A plextor 708a burner and Pinnacle studio 8.12 with a USB studio movie box for capture.
The problem is out of sync audio and not all the audio is out of sync only towards the end of a movie that I have burned . The condition is not present on the time line only after I burn a disc and play it back.
Should I be using a Firewire instead of a USB2 capture? I have emailed Pinnacle a few months but have made little head way. Would appericate any help! By the way I have updated my burner frimwear,using Enditall2,DMA, winXP Pro Service Pk1, intel 865 Mother board,Intel 82865 Graphics , Sound Max IDA. I had my pc built by a friend that repairs pc. I hope this is enough info? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
George Di Giulio
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What you describe is a common problem with the later versions of Pinnacle Studio 8.
(After version 8.8 I believe)

From what I have heard, it only happens on "long" projects, like more than 30min.

I would recommend you to upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 9.
I upgraded from Studio 8.12 to Studio 9 a month ago, and it was absolutely worth it.
(It also support 16:9)
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:37 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Tround,
Thanks very much for your input! I was thinking about updating to ver 9 but wanted to hear from someone who had first hand experience.
I was also told that I should use firewire instead of usb2 to capture. Are you using firewire to capture?
Thanks again for your response. George
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes, I'm using firewire to capture.
That is what everyone recommend.
(I didn't know you could use usb to capture. Never heard of that.)

You can get OHCI compliant firewire/IEEE1394 capture cards for about $10-20. There are more expencive cards too, but you don't need them.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:01 PM   #5
New Boot

Fast reply! My camera a sony uses a DVD 8cm. disc to record all video & stills and it only has a usb2 port for either & svideo in & out, also composite video in & out. I am using a usb movie box to go through to my pc. The movie box is a pinnacle box used to down load /catpure video from the camera using a usb2 port. I capture video from the camera using the svideo output to the movie box and a usb2 cable to usb2 port on pc. I was told that a firewire was a better tool.
If I use a firewire I would need a dv box from pinnacle to use firewire as the camera has no firewire connection only usb2. With the dv box I would use svideo to the box and than a firewire out to pc. I don't like using a device between the camera & pc but the only other way is to buy a different camera. Hopefully this sutdio 9 & firewire will help. Thanks for all your help!
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:59 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Well, I'm sure you can use your USB2 for capture with Studio 9 also. Capture with Studio 8 and 9 is identical as far as I know.
I would at least give it a try before switching to firewire.
Old April 24th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #7
New Boot

Yes I think I will give usb2 a try before I switch to firewire. Thanks again for you help. I am going on a trip and when I get back I will up grade to ver.9.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC