DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Unhappy Canopus?Premiere users (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/25442-unhappy-canopus-premiere-users.html)

Al Gardner May 2nd, 2004 06:48 PM

Unhappy Canopus?Premiere users

There is obviuosly quite a bit of unhappy Canopus users that can't seem tho get The Storm?Premiere solution going.

There is a discussion on the Canopus forum, and even a petition to get some action on working drivers.

The title of the post in the Canopus Premiere forum is "Let Japan know users are unhappy.

The petition is here: http://www.petitiononline.com/canppro/

AL

Elie Zakaria May 4th, 2004 09:36 PM

Hmmm.... interesting since we all know that Premiere Pro 1.0 has been only released what... a year ago?

Was Canopus hybernating during this time?

Anyway, my thoughts on this is, if users have to sign petitions to get a company to write drivers for Premiere Pro knowing very well that Canpus sells the Storm 2 bundled with PPro, it's time to move on.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Elie

Vamshidhar Kuchikulla May 25th, 2004 05:20 PM

f. canopus

Canopus only knows how to fool the people. Crazy things are happening with canopus Raptor RT2. same as Raptor RT. They sold to me. I even brought ADVC1394 i dont think it has a 1394 option. I tried from f top to bottom... but nothing works with adobe premiere pro. I got a good lesson from buying canopus Raptor RT2.
Every day when i recording on to a vcr. ill get frame error. every time in between the projects man. again i have to restart the machine then i works. what the b.shit is this wasting of my time since i have to edit my videos in 1 or 2 days. boy me cant deal with this canopus anymore.
Now listern one more thing man. If i go to sell this products, nobody is ready to buy. I think its better to shift to Matrox is the best with all the adobe related softwares. , but i cant say its cheap. well i have only the f. option. left.

vamshi

Ed Frazier May 26th, 2004 06:21 AM

If you go to the Matrox forums, you will find a lot of folks complaining about all sorts of problems, but I am a very satisfied user of the RT.X100/PPro system. I have to edit about 6 hours of video every week and like Vamshidhar, I have less than three days to get it all done, including capturing, editing, authoring and burning 30-40 DVDs. The editing is not fancy or complicated, but the Matrox board allows me to get it all done on time and I'm not sure any other solution currently available would work as well for my particular situation. Matrox has announced that new drivers for PPro 1.5 will be available by the end of this month.

Mike Rehmus May 26th, 2004 08:48 PM

Posted today on the Canopus Web Site

We are pleased to announce that the Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0 plug-in v1.06 for DVStorm series, DVRex-RT series and DVRaptor-RT2 series has been officially released.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This plug-in is for Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0. It is an update to the prior Premiere Pro plug-ins and is not for Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.

A plug-in for Premiere Pro v1.5 will be posted in the near future (currently expected in June) coinciding with the shipment of the free Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 upgrades to qualified users who send in the free upgrade request form.

K. Forman May 31st, 2004 10:12 AM

I'm using Premiere 6.0 and DV Storm. I never really had problems with it until recently. First, I can't get audio from the timeline, only my external monitor. This has bugged me for a few weeks now.

Last night, I downloaded all sorts of updates for Win2k, including a new Northbridge driver for my onboard raid. Today, Premiere crashes when rendering previews. So, I download all the newer drivers from Canopus, and the Premiere 6.02 update. It still crashes, or just suddenly closes. I hate Mondays...