Video Under Captions Upside down? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Under Captions Upside down?

Well, not the actual captions. I have TitleDeko RT captions supered on timeline video in Premier 6.0.

But I can't figure out why the video with the caption on it runs upside down?
Does that make sense to anyone?

Captions on other backgrounds are fine, but whenever it is on video, it flips the background video upside down.

Same thing happens when I use basix transitions like cross dissolve... In fact, all my transitions.

What am I doing wrong pls? I just rendered a 90min job and lt is all upside down.

Thanks.

System:

WinXP Pro/Premier 6.0/DV500 Plus
2.4ghz
1gb DDR Ram
280gb HD (80gb free)
Sola Osofisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've never been so desperate for a quick response folks. I have to burn this to DVD for someone this evening and I've only delayed him momentarily.

The captions are Alpha Channel. Whatever is amiss is from TitleDeko, it seems, as even the video background is now upside down in the application itself (Titledeko RT). No setting is out of place from what I can tell. Let me see if I can find another titling app to use in its place.
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This is looking more like a problem with the Video 2 and not the captions. I have found that it only affects captions and cut aways on that track. Its like while dropping some of the clips, I flipped them around or something. Poring through my manuals... This is definitely me and I and the gods of deadlines!
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Still no help.
Okay, I guess no one knows enough (or has the time?) to point me in the right direction. My Premiere/TitleDeko worked perfectly before I upgraded to the last 4.5 drivers. Let me downgrade to my working version to see if that fixes it.
Thanks and be well.
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM   #5
RED Code Chef

I don't think anyone knows. Can't you just flip the video yourself
prior to titling so that the titling flips it back "correctly"? That would
at least fix your problem to get the DVD out.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2004, 02:30 AM   #6
Major Player

Now that premiere development is completely abandoned by your dv500 maker, get to their legacy drivers department and download the most recent everything and you should be able to get a stable dv500dvd version 4.5 system up and running. Titledeko with the dv500 board has always been an odd pairing and to hear of you titling misfortune does not come as a surprise.

For the short term, re-create your titles in Photoshop and drop them in track 2 or higher.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC