T-Bar at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 29th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

T-Bar

There wouldnt happen to be any plug-in for any of the editing programs out there that would add more "Live" type of interface ? Such as adding a T-Bar or assigning clips to buttons and switching between them ?

No, dont mention video toaster.

Thanks for all help.
Cory Moorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If by "T-Bar" you mean toolbar, then Pinnacle Liquid Edition reportedly offers a highly-customizable interface. You can add/remove buttons, and assign keyboard short-cuts to just about anything.
JM Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No JM, I mean the T-Bar in which is used to do transitions and such at live productions. what im looking for is a program or plugin that allows me to have the broadcast/ professional "look" to it.
Old August 30th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #4
Wrangler

Video Toaster. :-))

Don't know if it is active when in NLE mode.

The presence of a T-Bar doesn't guarantee a Pro look nor is it required to achieve that look (whatever that is BTW).

What specifically do you want to achieve that only a T-Bar will allow?
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Mike..

I just want to have the interface look similar to that of a live switcher, so kids I teach can use the same interface that they are acustomed to seeing at a production.
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #6
Wrangler

Understand. That's why we don't use a VT in the local college video studio. The Grass Valley with a million buttons is still the way to fly.

Here is a reference: http://www.saicom.com/broadcastbulletin/videonics.htm that might make sense for you. Although I generally feel that Videonics equipment is broken somewhere in the design phase and never gets any better.

There are more solutions out there I think. Just do a "NLE T-Bar" search on Google.
Old August 31st, 2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Inner Circle

theres a unit called "Command Centre" which is compatible with almost every NLE. Its USB based and also has a afew other features like button assignments and a 2 stage jog dial

drop me an email for more info, i have afew in stock which i can open up and have a look at in more detail..

but yes these do have the up/down bar.. identical to the Roland Video Canvas unit..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC