Pinnacle DV500+ Analog audio issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 17th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Pinnacle DV500+ Analog audio issues

I have been editing on Adobe Premiere/DV500+ system for 4 years and recently have lost total control of the analog audio signal. It is low volume, but seems as though the gain is pegged and distorted.

I tried another break-out-box and that was not the problem. Looking at Pinnacle's support forum, there is a post about this problem with over 1200 reads, and none of the posts, even by Pinnacle staff, really address the problem. I am wondering what is going on, as this problem seems widespread. I have been putting off any type of upgrade of the system as it has been meeting my needs. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks!

Rodd
Rodd Seifarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Major Player

My system mirrors yours. Soon, I will be placing my dv500 board in a closet. The audio problem occurs on the board. There is no explanation for it and according to the mfr., it can just pop up. This happened to my colleague who has the same system. His was replaced under warranty about 3 years ago. Since then, as you know, all Adobe support has ended. Not very progressive, but I suppose their hearts were set on developing their own "edition" of an nle. Not me.
Recently I added the video collection to the stable. You will enjoy premiere pro. The previews are workable at about 4 layers deep with no hardware support. Pentium p4 2.4.
You might want to try the free download and see for yourself. I thought I would have to stay propped up with the dv500 cruch for a long time, but the collection has solved this.

For the time being, the only time I need to revert back to premiere6 and the dv500 is when analog output is needed to the vcr. Very rare.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Jim,

Thanks for the reply, although it doesn't sound too good for my current arragement. Your tip will save me hours of troubleshooting. I guess I am going to have to look for a new anlog set up.
Rodd Seifarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Major Player

No trouble whatsoever. I have now embraced an alternative source for all my production software. Adobe.

As for analog, you can map through firewire to your capture cam and then on to the connected analog equipment. Or you might look to Canopus for one of their inexpensive d/a converters.

Best of luck...
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #5
Tourist

Use driver version 4,2 ... do not use driver version 4,5 (its a bad driver)
Helmi Budiprasetio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC