RTX100 Pro System at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 20th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #1
New Boot

RTX100 Pro System

I am going to buy the Matrox RTX100 Pro and I have a p4 2.4Ghz, asus p4pe mobo with built in audio and firewire, 1Gb DDR ram, 120Gb & 80Gb hardrives, Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb Ram, Pioneer 106 DVD RW.

Do you think that with the mentioned specs i am going to have some trouble running the Premier Pro 1.5 with Matrox Tools and should i do some upgrades??

Thanks,

Miklos
Miklos Xuereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #2
Wrangler

I don't see there being any major problems, you seem to meet the minimum and recommended system spec:

http://www.matrox.com/video/support...rec/sys_rec.cfm

I think Matrox recommended 2 A/V drives 1 for capture and 1 for export. Apparently it helps data thru-put.

I would suggest to search through Matrox's website to find out compatible mobo manufactures and Graphics card. I don't think you'll have much to worry about.

Make sure though that the system is only used for NLE, if you start putting other application/ programs/ games on it you'll be asking for trouble.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2004, 04:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Miklos

I have RTX100 and after a few hoops it is great. My main difficulty was exporting to DVD. I could edit and export to tape with no difficulty. For the DVD I needed a faster dedicated drive. My mobo is for the Pentium 4 2.8 prescot but is not Matrox tested one. No problem. I use a 120HD as system, a 160HD as data , photos etc, and two 120SATA type drives for the video work. Kind of crowdedcase when you add a DVD reader and a DVD read / write.

You should be fine, just make sure you have a dedicated export drive if you intend to author DVD's..
Best of luck. Read the Matrox forums they are well worthwhile (mind you not everyone has the right answer) and thought provoking.

Good luck
Martin

PS this is my second Matrox system. I had the RT2000 before for several years.
Martin Archer-Shee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC