XL1s and MSP 6 capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 17th, 2002, 09:29 AM   #1
New Boot

XL1s and MSP 6 capture

If anyone is using Media Studio Pro 6 perhaps they can help me.
When I try to do a "batch" capture, it seems MSP 6 cannot read the frame code on the XL1s. The camera seems to return to a random spot on the tape (unrelated to the time code numbers I entered into the batch capture) and it starts to capture. MSP 6 works fine with my Sony Digital 8. I am running Windows XP. Thanks in acvance for any suggestions.
William Brunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Wrangler

Moved Your Thread.

I thought this thread probably belonged more in the Post Production Forums.

Since you are using XP and ASSUMING your system supports XP you might check to see if the version of MSP is up-to-date for XP. There may also be some drivers at Ulead that may fix you problem.

I guess it is also possible that you have discontinuous time codes and that may be your ultimate problem. If you do, just copying the tape end to end from one camcorder to another will correct the problem.

One tip to avoid discontinuous t/cs is to do both a pre and post roll. This gives you an opportunity if the heads unload to backup or position the heads over a valid t/d (use Record Review).

Hope this helps,

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC