Help with LOGGING (Capturing) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 4th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #1
Tourist

Help with LOGGING (Capturing)

I have a Sony VX2100 connected via 1394 to my Pinnacle LE 6 Pro via the Breakout Box. When I go to the capture tool, I continue to get the following problem. When I press play on the camera or in the software interface, it plays and digitizes all at the same time. It will not just play, so I can watch it and then mark in and out points. Everytime it plays it is digitizing as well. Does anyone have any input for me? It did not do this before, and I don't know if a button or setting has been changed that is resulting in this annoyance.

Thanks,

Trev
Trevor Dayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Major Player

I hope I'm interpreting the question properly.

I use Edition 5.0 (just bought LE 6 but have not installed until I finish with a project) I think your problem is you are pressing the play button on the camera instead of letting LE do it for you. Open the logging tool, ID the reel etc, then hit the onscreenlay button in the logging tool, not the camera. Do your mark in - mark out, hit the log symbol (pencil) then go to next clip, mark in - mark out, hit the log symbol etc until you are done logging. Then hit the digitize button, select batch digitize and have a cup of coffee while the machine does the work. Only problem is if you have broken time code, it will get all screwed up.

Like I said - I have not worked with LE6, but I believe it is the same.

Good Luck.
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
Tourist

Help with LOGGING (Capturing)

I appreciate the input Mike. It use to work just like that for me as well, and then all of the sudden, even if I pressed play on the interface buttons, I was still getting it to DIGITIZE when I didnt want to.

On another forum that I frequent I posted the same question, and it appears I got the answer I was looking for. I have posted it here for everyone to read in case you encounter the same problem in the future.

"Your problem occur because you are in Rapid Capture mode.

Look at the Properties / General in the Logging Tool. Then, in the Capture section, uncheck the "Activate RapidCapture" -Sylvain P.

Thanks everyone for your help.....
Trevor Dayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks - that will help me when I get LE 6 up and running.
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC