Opening and ending credits at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 5th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Opening and ending credits

hi all

does anyone have good suggestions for programs for making opening and closing credits to be used with 16x9 film?

thanks much

Cheers

Mike

XPS P4 3.4, 1 gig ram, 100gig HDD,
Ati Radeon 9800 256MB ram
Premiere Pro & After Effects

XL2 with Azden 2X SGM
Michael Lopresti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What NLE are you running? Doesn't it have a native titler?

Third party graphics programs for PC's like Boris Grafitti and After Effects can do the job if your NLE can't.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Generally, I don't suggest doing titles inside your NLE. It will get the job done (and it's a great deal less work than doing it in another program), but there's not a huge amount of control, and I've never been satisfied with the titles I've done inside an NLE.

I use After Effects to create all my titles now. I think that's the best way to do it.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

well the only thing ive every used for making titles/credits is the windows movie maker thing that ive been practicing on.

im using Pinnacle Studio 8 and adobe Premiere Pro 7 for my editing. and i do belive i have After Effects hiding somewhere in this room lol

Joshua- in After Effects can you put clips in with the end credits(a blooper type thing) ?

thanks for the help guys

Cheers

Mike

XL2 with Azden 2X SGM
Michael Lopresti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #5
Major Player

Sure, it depends on how you want to do it. If you're just going to have title cards intercut with blooper clips, I'd suggest making the cards in AE (or, if you're just doing cards with nothing moving in them, Photoshop will work just as well), then bringing them into your NLE and cutting them in with the bloopers. You can actually do all that inside AE without moving from one app to the next, but it's not worth the hassle.

If you want to have the text moving over the clips, or perhaps on one side of the screen while the credits play on the other side - yeah AE is your best bet for that. It's just a case of figuring out before hand the length you want the clips and the credits on screen, putting the clips together in your NLE, and then compositing them together. You'll have to make some small adjustments to get it looking exactly right, but it's pretty simple.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Trustee

Alternates

For inexpensive, you can use Ulead Cool 3D to gen either still or AVI titles. You can then import and even use fade/wipe/HFX as we all know that Pinnacle's CG is rather lame. ;)

If you want to really get bold, you could go full scale to Hash's Animation:Master (A:M). But, if you heard that Liquid Edition's interface is difficult to learn, you ain't seen nothin' yet. ;)
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

ok kool
ill try AE and if i have anyproblems ill be back :p

thanks Everyone

youve all been most helpful

also whats a good Aduio Prog that will help clean or get rid of background noise?

Cheers

Mike

XL2 with Azden 2X SGM
Michael Lopresti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC