Editing Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:47 AM   #1
Tourist

Editing Software

Hi guys, this is my first post on the boards, although I've been lurking for some time :)

I'm just getting into filmmaking, I've got an XL2 on the way, but I still don't get most of the stuff people are talking about, hehe, it's all the initals I never know what they stand for.

Anyway, I've been trying to decide on an editing program to edit my future movies and I'm quite confused. I'll be editing on PC, with the XL2 shooting 24p 2:3 (I think that's right) and I've heard a lot of things about editing programs not being able to use 24p properly?

Money is not really an object, so any suggestions as to which program I should invest in would be really appreiated.

Thanks alot,
Steve
Stephen Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I think by now, most of the NLE's will edit in the various forms of 24p. Certainly Avid, Final Cut Pro and Vegas and Premiere will. But since you are interested in PC only, then Final Cut is a non-starter.

Download all the trial versions and give each a test drive. IF you have a pc, chances are you at least have "MOVIE MAKER" that comes with XP. Practice working on a timeline and moving clips around to begin with. If you think about it, most of the films made from the history of filmmaking, have only included simple cuts and dissolves as transitions. Any NLE will be able to do that.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC