Quicktime movies -- need authoring software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 28th, 2002, 12:52 PM   #1
Slash Rules!

Quicktime movies -- need authoring software?

I saw this mentioned on another thread, and it had never before occurred to me.

Whenever I try to make a quicktime movie in Vegas Video 3, I always get these huge files, and they aren't on my hard drive as quicktime. I need quicktime pro or something to actually make the movies, right? The player is just that-- a player.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2002, 01:54 PM   #2
screenblaster

In order to use QT via Vegas you do have to have the authoring components installed. This is done the same way one downloads the quicktime player from Apple. Exept you have to choose the custom installation method and select to have the authoring components installed. Its a check box in the custom page of the Quicktime installer.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Ivan
Old October 28th, 2002, 04:51 PM   #3
Slash Rules!

Doesn't it also cost like $30 bucks? It's one of those things I've learned to ignore over time (open the player, the little quicktime screen comes up that says upgrade now/later/ and I think 'leave me alone' and click later).
Old October 28th, 2002, 05:03 PM   #4
screenblaster

Nope; It's free. It's there when you install Quictime for the first time. It can be brought up by runnig the quicktime updater witch should be found in the start menu after you install the player. From here you can select Custom and select the Authoring components.
Old October 28th, 2002, 11:12 PM   #5
Slash Rules!

Ah. Thanks.
Old October 29th, 2002, 08:17 AM   #6

Ivan,

Like Josh, I too have and use Vegas Video. It's a great NLE! I only wish more people would take a look at it!
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2002, 08:31 AM   #7
screenblaster

Thanks for the good words. We at SF appreciate the support. With more happy users well have more happy users.

Stop by the Sonic Foundry forum for more tips and community re: Vegas

http://www.sonicfoundry.com/forums/default.asp
Old October 29th, 2002, 01:04 PM   #8
Slash Rules!

They are taking a look at it. I see articles in more and more video/computer magazines.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC