unable to play EX1 files on PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Inner Circle

unable to play EX1 files on PC

A friend had some EX1 mov files on his MBP, I copied and pasted them to my MBP and they played perfectly with QT. Then I copied and pasted them to my Dell PC. Now they don't play with QT (latest version), Vegas, or anything else on the PC. All that comes through is the audio.

I googled and couldn't come up with any thing solid. What's going on here?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This is why you keep the BPAV folders. When the files get converted for the Mac with Clipbrowser, they become incompatible with the PC. The reverse is also true. If you re-wrap for the PC, they don't work on a Mac.

So either you need to get back to the original BPAV folder, or you need to convert the files on the Mac to something your PC can read... like ProRes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC