Capture Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 30th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Tourist

Capture Problems

I just got my VX2100 and I use Premiere Pro to edit. I hooked up my camera to my computer using firewire and my computer detects the camera. And then when I go to use Premiere to capture all I see is black in the preview screen. But it lets me control the normal functions on the camera through the computer (like play, stop, forward, rewind). And It won't let me capture. Its very frustrating to have this nice new camera and then not be able to edit anything. If anyone has the slightest idea on what I can do to fix it please tell me.

Dan.
Dan Zabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:52 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

The main suspects would be the firewire cable and/or the software installation
on the computer.

Download www.scenalyzer.com and see if it works with that.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 07:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Another option for isolating the problem would be to see if you can capture in Movie Maker, which comes with XP.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Make sure in the camera's menu options your DV port is set to operate and allow in/out (or in your case at least out). When I plug in my PD100 (which is kinda similar) and go to the Others menu and go to DV Editing it will tell me if my camera and computer are interfacing. Once it says READY it allows you to change settings. If you are able to control it, it should say READY...that is if the VX is that similar.

I put about 10 different decks on my computer a week and it seems that I have to screw with each one of them at least a bit to make them work.

Also in XP if you open the camera via my computer you should see whatever the camera is playing/shooting. So thats another option, that will tell you that Premier isn't setup right and you'll have to do some menu playing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC