DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Premiere Pro CS3 workflow sweeks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/470842-premiere-pro-cs3-workflow-sweeks.html)

John Gerard January 11th, 2010 07:04 PM

Premiere Pro CS3 workflow sweeks

Hi,
I would like to discuss in this thread Premiere Pro work flows and how to make it quicker. I want to start by giving an example of what I'm doing on my current project. I am working on one Main video and I like to make from this two separate videos. I could probably do this one of two ways the way I've been doing it in the past is to copy all the clips to a new sequence and edit the clips in the new sequence so that means that I would edit the clips 2 times. I probably am going to be ending up doing the same thing in the long run but I was thinking is there a better way by making a nested sequence and then editing the parent sequence also I need to add a global color correction to the whole project. I need to correct for the Green color cast. I did not adjust for the indoor lighting when I took the video. Now if I add the color correction at this point to the parent sequence this is what happens. My computer is not fast enough to edit in real time the parent time line. If I render the sequence first it is taking 3.5 hours just to render the sequence. Also the time line takes about 4 seconds just to make a cut. The other thing I could do it wait until I am finished with all editing and then place this sequence in another parent sequence and add the color correction to the parent sequence. considering rendering time and processing power of the computer which way would be better or should I go back to editing each video separately as a separate video. I don't want to have to add the color correction to each clip in the video that takes to much time. also should I start a new project for the second video. In the past I have been editing both videos in the same Premiere Pro Project as two different sequences. Also is there anyway to speed up the routine task of adding transition and the like.

Thanks,

John Gerard

David Stoneburner January 12th, 2010 08:01 AM

It sounds like you are possibly running out of ram as your overall project gets bigger. I think you would get better performance if you edit each video in a separate project. Then combine them into the final project. As for putting the color correction, I would probably put it in last on all of the clips separately. You can easily make an adjustment and then copy and paste that effect on each clip. This way if the overall adjustment needs to be tweaked on one particular clip you can go back and adjust them singularly. Again, it's just up to you. No one way is the right way, you have to work within your time restraints. Good luck.

John Gerard January 13th, 2010 06:33 PM

Premiere Pro CS3 Workflow

Your way sound like it might help me. The only thing is that adding the color correction to every clip take a long time. I just wanted to avoid this but it sound like in CS3 there is no way to automate this process like in Photoshop. Adding a color correction, adding a video transition and adding maybe a audio transition; there are just so many boring and time consuming tasks that wastes a good 3 hours or more. Also, adding to that the time it take to render sequences, etc. can waste 1 to 2 day. I usually like to be able to see the output as I would view it in the final DVD. In real time and at the highest quality setting. I am finding that as my project gets bigger I can't do that. By breaking my project up is a good suggestion. I'll try that.

Thanks,

John Gerard