editing a mp4 or wmv video file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

editing a mp4 or wmv video file

i am trying to import a mp4 or wmv video file for edit into cs3 premiere but it's not recognizing it. the properties of the file is 320x240, 30fps. do i need to convert it first? or it wouldn't work? thanks
Erwin Layaoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Trustee

I'm using CS4, but I have no problem importing either file type. The MP4's need to render,but import fine. Do you mean PPro can't find the file at all, or that it will not open in the program? Files that won't open are usually a codec problem; that you have two common file types that won't open sounds like an install problem or possibly "operator error".... if it's codecs, try (freeware) GSpot program to identify codecs, GSpot will tell you if what the codec is and if you have it installed. / video_man

PS Also, if you are using the trial version of CS3 rather than the full paid version,there are some file formats that PPro will not handle.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC