Importing Footage into Premiere Pr cs4 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 13th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #16
Regular Crew

So the Sony utility only comes up if you have files bigger than 4gb? When I plug in the MRC1 the sony utility does not come up nor does it show up in the program files...
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I don't think it would come up automatically. And it's not a program you install, IIRC -- you just copy the exe file from the included CD-ROM to your desktop and click on it when you want to use it. I guess you could use it straight from the CD as well. It should then come up no matter what type of file you have or what reader you are using. I've used it successfully via two different CF readers (one USB, one FW800 -- the Sandisk -- man that sucker is fast) but never via the MRC itself, which is more or less permanently attached to the cam and the cradle is in a box somewhere...
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #18
Major Player

Jeff,

It's a "bug" in Windows 7 that might not ever get fixed because it really doesn't affect anything. It is just a wrong description in the file properties, has nothing to do with the actual file itself. As a former HDV cam owner, I have to say it would be good to invest in Cineform NeoScene. It's codec is much nicer to work with than HDV.
Craig Coston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC