Premiere pro CS3 vs CS5 is it worth the trouble? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #46
Major Player

Premiere Pro CS3 vs CS5

Hi,
I finished upgrading to CS5 already and waiting for my Epson R1900 to arrive. So far CS5 is so much better than CS3. First CS3 would not recognize my Sony Fx7 camera. Cs5 has no problem. There are just so many features in CS5 that make the workflow just so much more streamlined and easier to use than CS3. So far CS5 has not Crashed yet. I Finally got CS3 not to crash as much after making sure I was using only certified drivers. Cleaning the cache did not help me. One other problem with cs3 was that in the titler if I clicked on any of the fance type styles I would immediately get a low memory message. This I could reproduce. Before I upgraded to Win7 and CS5 I was still getting an occasional crash in Encore. Not much if any crashes in premiere pro Cs3. My one thought is like Windows Premiere Pro just likes having a lot of RAM and 32bit was just to limiting. So far everything about CS5 I love much better than CS3. from CUDA through being able to still edit in Premiere Pro at the same time as editing in Encore. This is really nice. I could go on and on. I also bought 100 of the TY WaterShield DVDs. I paid about $75usd.
John Gerard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC