Best Proxy File Solution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #1
New Boot

Best Proxy File Solution

Hi,

I'm looking for the best solution or software to create Proxy files of HD footage for editing. My colleague who edits has only an XP machine with Vegas 9, so it's not the best for HD. We have recently filmed a conference on 3 Canon XH-A1 cameras at 1080i and 50i frame rate. Offloaded 29 tapes at 280GB of footage amounting to over 30 hours worth. Can anyone recommend the best and fastest method to downsize these files into proxies for editing and then switching back. I know someone developed a Vegas script for this but was looking to see if there might be a faster solution or software what with so many hours of footage...? The more pony the file then the faster it will convert and run on his machine, but if anyone can recommend settings also maybe

thanks
Steve Quantrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I recommend using Prism Video conversion software since it's free and has a batch mode. And I recommend the Matrox mpeg2 SD codec (also free) since you can make DV sized proxies at half the bitrate of miniDV and these should absolutely fly on his machine in Vegas.
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #3
New Boot

That's great thanks. Until there is a script is created compatible with Vegas 10 64 bit this is perfect.
Steve Quantrill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC