composition and rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:33 AM   #1
New Boot

composition and rendering

hello, i have few questions about this topic. I want that my final movie will be at 720p
The footage i am using are 1920p.
So, what is better: to create 1920p comp and then set 720p at exporting settings or
create a 720p comp and scale my footage?
main issue is how to get better result of video quality and make file to be minimal size (MB).

and one more Q, if someone are using premiere cs5 (or 3/4) and can give some advice of exporting settings, whould be greate. Cos i allways have huge files after exporting , using h.264 / mpeg4 or mpeg2 . qt.
i allways need to use average bit rate about 6-10 to make nice looking quality. And after these setting, 10min comp makes 1gb file....
Some time i put this file to After Effect, and after compressing in AE (divX, mpeg4 or h.264) i ussualy make life from 1gb to 300-400mb, and i dont look quality.
But i dont like export twice, so if u can give some advice about exporting in premiere, would be greate
and advice about first question.
p.s. i guess i can find some info about it, but it would be nice to discuss about it. Thanks
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: composition and rendering

Answer to first Q: Keep your project in 1080p HD until the final render.

Answer to second Q: There are no standards. For every project, the variables change. Take 30 seconds of your footage and render with different settings until you find a suitable balance between quality and size.

Hope this helps.
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: composition and rendering

thanks, i realy had no time these days to check online for my issue
and i need to find some time to test render too :]
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC