DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Duration of a still in Premiere-HELP! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/5128-duration-still-premiere-help.html)

SammyLeopold November 25th, 2002 08:50 AM

Duration of a still in Premiere-HELP!

Hello All,

I have one frame of video that I have captured and want the duration in the timeline to last 10-15 seconds or so. When I capture the single frame and try to change the duration property it will only let me make it like 4 seconds or so. I have tried taking the 4 second clip and repeating it 4 times or so but everytime another copy of the clip comes up in the timline, I see a shift! Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!

Rob Lohman November 25th, 2002 09:35 AM

This is actually very easy. Drag the clip to the timeline and right-
click on it. Then select 'Speed' or 'Duration' to change its length.

That's all there is to it.

Hope this helps!

SammyLeopold November 25th, 2002 06:00 PM

Thanks Rob,

Unfortunatley I have tried that, and no matter how long of a duration I enter, it on comes out to like 3-4 seconds?

-SL

Ross Milligan November 26th, 2002 05:34 AM

How about exporting the frame as a still - changing the still import preferences to make the duration 10 seconds and importing in again?

Ross

David Hurdon November 26th, 2002 06:54 AM

You might also try exporting your three second still as an avi, then bring it back and play it at 25%, or whatever fills your time gap.
Just for the record, you are giving the image enough free space on the right to allow it to expand to the duration you set?

David Hurdon

Zac Stein November 26th, 2002 07:12 AM

this may sound stupid but...

umm copy and paste the same picture together to make it longer??

kermie

David Hurdon November 26th, 2002 07:47 AM

You might also try exporting your three second still as an avi, then bring it back and play it at 25%, or whatever fills your time gap.
Just for the record, you are giving the image enough free space on the right to allow it to expand to the duration you set?

David Hurdon

Mark Moore November 26th, 2002 09:25 AM

I did what the gentleman above suggested. I had a single shot that I wanted to last and I copied, and cut-and-pasted it side-by-side. It worked pretty good.

I must be honest and say I've never tried the 'right click' thing. I'll have to try that too.

SammyLeopold November 26th, 2002 09:57 AM

Ross,

You suggestion worked perfectly! Thanks! Kermie, I already tried what you suggested and there was a flicker with a background image everytime a new copy came up in the time line! David, I tried that previously as well and as I mentioned whatever I tried it would only let me extened my 1 frame clip, to 3-4 seconds, even when I changed the speed to 1%. It seems to me that some solutions work on some people's PCs and not on others? Anyway, thanks everyone for your input!

-SL

Ross Milligan November 27th, 2002 05:00 AM

I'm shocked that I got something right :-) you've made my day...

Ross