Encore 1.5: Adding audio to a menu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM   #1
New Boot

Encore 1.5: Adding audio to a menu

Can someone tell me how to add audio to the background of a menu object in Encore 1.5? I can set up clips to lead into the menu with audio but once I get to the menu I cannot have it so the audio continues to play.

I am completely ignorant when it comes to encore so any assistance on this seemingly easy option would be great. Thanks.
Chris Ickes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You pick 'Import as Asset' and then you choose your song or audio that you want, the mp3 or wav file that you need. You import it, go to project, where you'll see it. Then you click on right mouse button: Copy.
Then you go to your menu, and you go to the properties of that Menu, and there you'll see: Audio: none.
You go to None and you click and take: paste.
I think it should work.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ickes
I can set up clips to lead into the menu with audio but once I get to the menu I cannot have it so the audio continues to play.
You cannot have the audio from the lead in video track continue to play seamlessly as the menu loads - if that is what you are asking - unless you create a video motion menu.

If you are not concerned about that, however, and just want to add a separate audio background to your menu, that is easy to accomplish. From the Encore DVD help file:

To add audio to a menu:

Do one of the following actions

- Select the menu in the Project tab, then in the Properties palette, drag the Audio pick whip to the audio file in the Project tab.
- Drag the audio file from the Project tab to the menu in the Menu Editor window.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

import your audio in to the project, go over to the menu properties, where it says audio, click and drag the pickwhip to your audio track, now it will have your audio track listed in the menu properties. now it will ask you how many times you would like it to play, click forever.

note: I do not have the program infront of me and this is all from memory but this should all work.
Andrew Cleary is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC