Saffire Pro 40 / Windows 7 Metronome noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 15th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Saffire Pro 40 / Windows 7 Metronome noise

All of the sudden my machine started with a metronome sound, nothing is plugged into the DAW, so I rulled out that. I rebooted my Windows 7 machine, unplugged it, unplugged the speakers and the noise starts when the actual windows is displayed, but not while booting. I’ve attached a video where you can see the ‘mains’ notating the noise. Also the Firewire driver ‘connected’ is blinking on and off. I’ve updated the Saffire to the latest 3.3 software. I’m stumped on how to stop this noise. It’s driving me crazy to say the least.

The noise is in all three of my possible firewire ports, and I've uninstalled and tested each alone. The noise is with nothing plugged in. I'm thinking the Focusrite unit is bad because it won't keep the firewire connection, thus the firewire driver notice on in the software.

Anyone else run into this.

It seems my keyboard is going nuts, so I'm thinking it's some type of conflict within windows. Just not sure what it is. One is firewire (the DAW) and the keyboard is USB.

---------------------------

Well in the land of strange things; such as a hot pink bigfoot or aliens from that Special place, after four hours of driver uninstalls, this that and the other, I figured out that my second shelf riser on my desk was sitting on (pinching) a usb hub cable and making some kinda crazy noise as well as interfering with my mouse/keyboard. Yep, it's that crazy.
Attached Files
File Type: mov saffnoise2.MOV (2.75 MB, 171 views)

Last edited by Steven Davis; January 16th, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
Steven Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC