4K Editing Software - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 26th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: 4K Editing Software

I seem to be one of very few on here who edit with Magix software. I currently use Movie Edit Pro 2013 on 64bit Win 7 PC, which I have been very happy with, but decided to upgrade to Movie Edit Pro X6 as Magix are offering existing users a great upgrade deal.

One of the first things I found is that it now has provision for 4K editing, which is no use to me at the moment, but possibly later in the year. There are also a number of Pro formats added and the Multicamera facility is now increased to 9 channels with monitoring. There are some excellent programmes bundled with it which include the Mercalli stabilising plug in programme that I really like and of course it also uses Magix audio sync facility which I really like on the 2013 version. it seems to work as well as Pluraleyes but is built into the programme and works directly from the timeline.

I'm really surprised that so few use Magix, but I suppose it is easier to stick with the better known names that most use.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #17
Trustee

Windows Live Movie Maker can't do it? ;)
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi Fong Yu View Post
Windows Live Movie Maker can't do it? ;)
It can't even read 4K videos, let alone export to 4K. In fact, it can't do anything at all with videos higher in resolution than 1080p.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:50 AM   #19
Inner Circle

It may be worth checking out the new Lightworks V12.5 beta, since this version has 4k exports for some video codecs. It also has Cinema DNG import support.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:26 AM   #20
Trustee

Have a look at Avid, they have monthly subscription available.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Edius for 4K. Best kept secret on the planet...

My 2 cents,

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:45 AM   #22
New Boot

Does anyone know if Sony Vegas Pro is 4K-ready, or will be in the near future? My cameras aren't 4K-ready (Panasonic HMC150's) but I would upgrade if Vegas was ready.

Sincerely,
Ryan Graves
Seattle Wedding Videography
www.seattleweddingvideography.com
Ryan Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:46 AM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel View Post
I seem to be one of very few on here who edit with Magix software. I currently use Movie Edit Pro 2013 on 64bit Win 7 PC, which I have been very happy with, but decided to upgrade to Movie Edit Pro X6 as Magix are offering existing users a great upgrade deal.

One of the first things I found is that it now has provision for 4K editing, which is no use to me at the moment, but possibly later in the year. There are also a number of Pro formats added and the Multicamera facility is now increased to 9 channels with monitoring. There are some excellent programmes bundled with it which include the Mercalli stabilising plug in programme that I really like and of course it also uses Magix audio sync facility which I really like on the 2013 version. it seems to work as well as Pluraleyes but is built into the programme and works directly from the timeline.

I'm really surprised that so few use Magix, but I suppose it is easier to stick with the better known names that most use.

Roger
OH MY GOSH! That's what I used for years before moving to Sony Vegas Pro. Magix was a great bang for the buck! VERY intuitive and lots of fantastic features came with it. I made some pretty fun videos in my day with Magix. Have fun!

Sincerely,
Ryan Graves
Seattle Wedding Videography
Wedding Video | Seattle, WA Wedding Videographer
Ryan Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 01:19 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Lightworks V12.5 has now been released (currently available with Boris bundled). details of the improved 4k and other new features can be found here. https://www.lwks.com/index.php?optio...208&Itemid=251

http://www.provideocoalition.com/lig...ple-4k-options
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC