Picture and Sound not in Sync at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 9th, 2002, 09:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Picture and Sound not in Sync

Recently purchased a Sony DRC-PC120. When I transfer to Pinnacle, Premier or even Windows Movie Maker, on numerous occasions (50% of the time), the sound is as twice as fast as should be. We all sound like chipmunks. And of couse the sound is not in sync with the picture. If I re-transfer, or transfer from by JVC HRDVS2 deck, I get the same problem. The only way I have been able to fix problem, is to transfer to a Sony VAIO laptop with some junk called DV Gate provided by Sony. Then transfer avi file to my desktop and edit from there.

Would appreciate any help since it is a pain to work like this. (my laptop does not have a large hard drive.)

Never had this problem with my JVC camcorder.
Brad Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 07:50 AM   #2
Warden

How was your original tape recorded? Is it 12 bit or 16 bit audio? If your audio is 12 bit (read your instruction manual to find out) then it is recorded at 32KHz. If it is 16 bit audio it is recorded at 48KHz. If the software (Pinnacle, Premiere etc.) is set up in preferences for 48KHz and your tape is recorded in 32KHz you'll lose sync. check your preferences in the software and check how your tape is recorded.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 07:59 AM   #3
Major Player

This sounds like one of those weird LP issues...

Check you're not recording in LP mode as every camera has it's own way of doing it.

kermie
Zac Stein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC