Tool to reduce interference lines at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 24th, 2005, 05:06 AM   #1
Wrangler

Tool to reduce interference lines

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool which will enable me to get rid of interference lines. I am currently editing a 1hour DVD that includes a lot of in-car (F2, F1 etc) camera shots. However some of the footage I have been given has Interference lines caused by the engines electronics.

Does anyone know of a tool that will reduce the interference.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Wrangler

No takers?

I have been playing around with virtual dub, but thus far its not worked. Got a feeling that this won't be possible, unless it’s done by some kind of professional video restorer.

If anybody knows of any filters for Virtual Dub, plug-ins for Premiere, After Effects or any other program please let me know.

Cheers,

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Trustee

Keyframed color correction (you would need to make a mask, of course) or rotoscoping would be my approach. I know of no specialized plug-in.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Trustee

What you are looking for would be the equivilant of an impulse noise reduction filter for video. Sadly, I know of no such tool. They exist for audio. You might hunt down Graham Nattress. He's a filter guru for FCP. He might have an idea for you.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Major Player

I'll be trying RE:Fill by RE:VisionFX. I'm downloading the demo tonight. It is only $99 and is a plug-in for After Effects.

I'll be trying it on old analog footage that has dropouts. You might want to try it, too.

Check it out here:

http://www.revisionfx.com/rfil.htm
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #6
Wrangler

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies!

I had a go at using RE:fill, but it seems to use mattes as a way to determine where the scratch is. As interference lines appear all over the screen randomly, and so quickly, it’s near on impossible to reduce the appearance of the interference lines.

Thanks again.

Old December 6th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Smith
Hi Guys, thanks for your replies!

I had a go at using RE:fill, but it seems to use mattes as a way to determine where the scratch is. As interference lines appear all over the screen randomly, and so quickly, it’s near on impossible to reduce the appearance of the interference lines.

Thanks again.
I haven't been able to use it too much but I got to a point where I was able to just get the white lines from video dropout and the blownout highlights to show up on the screen. If I had saved this as a video, I could've used it as a matte to fill the same glitches in on the actual video but I was pressed for time and I was using it on someone else's computer.

You can also try AVISynth's Convolution3D filter.

Look here for specifics: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225951
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC