I need advice on a real time NLE system - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 30th, 2002, 11:35 PM   #46
New Boot

And also look at Pyro's FW and Premiere bundle. I hear (but have not confirmed) that it's sub-$300 . Nothing whatsoever against Vegas; just rounding out the recommendations.

While we're at it: Avid Xpress DV 3.5 StudentPack, non-commercial use for qualified degree seeking students, for sub-$500.
Mike Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 12:13 AM   #47
Major Player

What will be interesting is what adobe and a few sites are rumouring.

They are going to combine premiere with after effects, and make basicly one giant NLE. If that becomes a reality, except for the sound manipulation, that would be an almost unbeatable package.

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:28 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Well, thank you everyone for your input. Although the conversation did stray a little from my topic it was very interesting. How cool it must be to get paid for doing something so fun. I'm envyous. But, either for better or worse, I have chosen a different career path and will never be a professional editor. So I have taken it up as a hobby.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I did a few projects on Videowave and Ulead but always felt pretty severely limited in what I could do and how fast I could do it. Which is why I started investigating these other products. Since this is just my hobby stability, ease of use and ease of installation are important, so I can spend more time playing and less time troubleshooting. However, I also want to have the flexibility to use some neat tools (things I mentioned in my original text) and make a great looking video.

From all of the discussion I am leaning towards buying Vegas Video and then if I want more, getting something diferent when its time to upgrade my computer.

I realize there are many good video editing tools available, most people have their favorite and even the best ones have their weaknesses. But for what I want to do it sounds like Vegas Video would probably meet my needs at a reasonable price. Anyone strongly disagree?

Thanks again for helping me with this really difficult and confusing decision. And thanks Rick for the generous offer to help me if I get a Canopus product.
Dan Measel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 05:33 PM   #49
Rextilleon

Thats interesting--AE and Premiere combined into one giant package---I think that they will have to concentrate on tweaking premiere a bit----Hey, I have an idea---what about Adobe buys Vegas (is will be sold within 90 days--) dumping Premiere--and creating the super application Vegas After Effects---(headache, bags under your eyes, anxiety about credit).
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 06:22 PM   #50
Warden

I think that would be a nightmare for VV3 users. If Adobe bought VV3 they would probably merge it into Premiere and VV3 would disappear as you know it. That would be a shame, because it is a very good NLE.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:45 PM   #51
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Charlie White of Digital Media Net has done a great job comparing the RTX.100 vs DV Storm2 vs Pro-One RTDV

http://www.digitalproducer.com/2002/...ootout2003.htm

Check it out!!

Gary
Videoguys.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC