DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Captured video jumpy (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/5854-captured-video-jumpy.html)

Dale C. Elliott January 6th, 2003 01:27 PM

Captured video jumpy

I have just recently had a problem with capturing video. When I capture from my XL1s to my computer using the Pinnacle Pro-one capture card, the video, after capture, playsback jumpy and almost out of sync. I captured video a couple of weeks ago and no problem, same set up and I have not changed any settings.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Probably something simple.

I have the Pinnacle Pro-one RTDV with Premiere running on a AMD Athlon XP 1600 with 40 G operating HD and 80 G storage.

Thnaks,
Dale C. Elliott

Mike Rehmus January 6th, 2003 04:32 PM

Have you tried older footage that played back OK now that this problem has shown itself? The jumpy image is on an external monitor or the overlay on your computer display?

Sync is regerated by the card as the DV files does not contain sync, just image data. So unless your monitor is the problem, I'd look to the card.

What happens if you try to play the video using Windows media player? If that looks OK, the suspicion is even stronger about the Pinnacle Pro-One.

Dale C. Elliott January 6th, 2003 04:44 PM

Hi Mike,

It does it with footage that I have successfully captured before if I recapture. Sync was probably the wrong word, it is more like the pixels breaking up and jumpy.

I put the footage in the time line and when I playback both the monitor on the PC and my external monitor show the footage being jumpy. Any footage that I have previous captured and stord on my hard drive plays back fine with it.

My computer did crash just before Christmas, and I think this is the first time I have tried to capture since then.

I have checked all of my settings, but I must be missing something. I have not tried playing back with the Media player, I'll give it a try.

I think the problem is when I am actually capturing, I can hit play from the computer and the footage from the XL1s plays back fine, but when I go to capture and starts getting jumpy.

Dale

Dale C. Elliott January 6th, 2003 04:53 PM

I tried playing back through the Windows media player. I have the same problem, it is more like the pixels are randomly flashing. Similiar to just before you lose a satilite signal.

This only happens to the footage I have captured today, anything before that plays back fine.

Dale

Mike Young January 6th, 2003 06:39 PM

Clean the heads and try again. Classic symptoms, from your description.

Dale C. Elliott January 7th, 2003 06:34 AM

Ya, I was going to try that, but I think there is more to the problem. It plays back fine on my computer monitor and external monitor, till I hit the capture button.

I'll try cleaning the heads.