Adobe Production Studio Premium at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 15th, 2006, 05:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Production Studio Premium

I dont know if this is the right forum, but I'd like to ask...

I found this program being sold for cheap at my University: Adobe Production Studio Premium. And It claims to have All these Adobe Stuff such as -

Adobe After Effects 7 Professional
Adobe Premiere Pro 2
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Audition 2
Adobe Encore DVD 2
Adobe Illustrator CS2
Adobe Dynamic Link
Adobe Bridge

Anyway, the Price its being sold for is the same price as if I would have bought After Effects 7 Pro and Premiere Pro 2. Is this program a little too good to be true? Theres not enough info out there, and the latest advert of the product claimed it was an 'upgrade.'

I just want a personal response from you guys because all the documents out there arent helping.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Leo,

You are getting the student discount, and yes, it is sweeeet.

I just ordered mine.
It would regularly cost $2000+ for the Studio, but with the discount I paid about $800.

Enjoy it while you can, I graduate in April!

...Andy
Andy Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Wrangler

Just be aware that Educational Licenses generally do not allow commercial use and often have limited or no upgrade path. (In other words, check the Adobe web site for their educational program EULA.)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Just be aware that Educational Licenses generally do not allow commercial use and often have limited or no upgrade path. (In other words, check the Adobe web site for their educational program EULA.)
Educational Licenses can be used for commercial purposes: Adobe Education purchasing FAQ :)

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Wow.... thanks alot for the info...

And yes, it is the student package avaliable for australian students. Its very tempting. And now that I know its the ful deal, I'm set. It will be mine by the end of the semester (if I dont buy my XM2.) Or by the end of the year (If I do buy my XM2...)

Cheers guys.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl
Educational Licenses can be used for commercial purposes: Adobe Education purchasing FAQ :)

/Roger
Excellent. Thanks, Roger.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC