Real-time green screen compositing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 20th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Real-time green screen compositing

Does anyone know of a way to monitor/record a green screen composition in real time. I want to shoot against the screen and be able to monitor and adjust the actor in relation to the background. Very much like a weatherman against a map. Can this be done with off the shelf NLE software or is this impossible without getting pro equipment. Setup is GL2 with firewire to P4 using Premiere as NLE.

p.s. I would be monitoring and recording directly to the harddrive via firewire and not to the camera's tape.

Any ideas?

Tom
Tom Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I can't remember the name of the product but tigerdirect.com has shown it in their catalog, I'm sure they show it online as well. It's a real-time green screen software package. I might be wrong about all you can do with it but if I remember correctly it should do what you want. Also as I recall pretty inexpensive. Hope this helps.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2003, 11:33 PM   #3
Major Player

green screen in real time

The software you speak of is Visual Communicator by Serious Magic.

Even though it's weak in comparison to VV/FCP/etc., it sounds like it will work for your needs (real time on a green/blue screen).

My son and his friends use it all the time in their mass media and film classes in high school, and I actually made a 15 second broadcast commercial with it when it first came out.........shhhhhh <;~)

It works great for corporate intranet type communications/training/announcements etc.

http://www.seriousmagic.com/
Old January 23rd, 2003, 11:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info
Tom Christensen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC