My Timeline has Mysteriously Disappeared... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 29th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #1
Major Player

My Timeline has Mysteriously Disappeared...

I was working in Premiere editing some video, (specifically, I was hitting the “undo” button to restore a transition I had deleted) when I encountered an "Error" and Windows XP (Pro) wanted to send an error report to Microsoft, so I let it. Premiere had stopped responding so it closed. Luckily I had just saved so no progress was lost. But here is the weird thing, my timeline was lost! I closed Premiere restarted my computer and opened my Premiere Project File (.ppj) and my timeline is not there! The only things that are there are the "bins" and the timeline nav box/transition & effects box. No timeline, no preview windows! I though maybe I had hit the "X" button and closed them but I didn't know how to reopen them. If I open a new PPJ file all the right things are there. What happened, and how do I fix it?!?? Thanks so much for your help!

Using:
Premiere 6.02
Windows XP Professional
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2003, 12:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Click on the Window menu, and click on Timeline :)
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks! I kind of thought it was something really simple. But then that's usually how it is for me!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC