Display timecode, date and camera settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 27th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Display timecode, date and camera settings

We are pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the Enosoft Enhanced DV Decoder for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

The decoder replaces the standard MS DV decoder and can display timecode, date, time, audio information, video information and - now - camera information (Image Stabilizer, AE Mode, Shutter Speed, White Balance, Iris, Gain).

The decoder integrates at the operating system level and so can be used wherever the MS decoder would be used. Both DirectShow and Video For Windows versions are provided. This includes Movie Maker, Premiere Pro (capture window), VirtualDub, a variety of MPEG2 encoders, Windows Media Player and more.

In Windows XP, even display a live DV feed in Windows Explorer with all the timecode etc superimposed! Just plug in your DV device, open the Explorer "folder" and there it is!

A 15-day trial is provided that resets any previous trials.

Oh...and it is now only US$14.95

For full information, visit http://www.enosoft.net/

Thank you!
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi,

Good idea (I don't know why the likes of Sony have not built this into their software as an option).

Just one thing concerns me though:

You say that it 'replaces the standard MS DV decoder'. If I actually WANT to use the 'standard MS DV decoder' for any reason (after intalling your software) how do I go about it?

I'm just not crazy about installing software that messes about with 'standard MS Windows XP codecs'. Sony Vegas, for example, will use its own codecs without overwriting MS or any other third party codecs installed.

I am interested and, like I said before, it would be extremely useful but I would like your response to the above before downloading, installing, evaluating, and possibly purchasing such software.

Regards,

Dale.
Dale Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Hello again,

OK - well - I decided to take a chance and install the demo.

Is there any particular reason that SSE2 extensions are required?

All our workstations are AMD Athlon XP's which don't have SSE2 extensions and - no offence - I am sure not going to upgrade processors for a $14 piece of software. Is this not just a compiler option or switch that can be used or disabled at compile time?

By the way - uninstalling the decoder was the only way to set things back to the 'standard MS DV decoder' i.e. the 'disable' option did not allow DV playback using Windows Media Player (playback worked but with no video, only audio) and I don't think that this has anything to do with the fact that SSE2 extensions are required.

Regards,

Dale.
Dale Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Paterson
Hello again,

OK - well - I decided to take a chance and install the demo.

Is there any particular reason that SSE2 extensions are required?

All our workstations are AMD Athlon XP's which don't have SSE2 extensions and - no offence - I am sure not going to upgrade processors for a $14 piece of software. Is this not just a compiler option or switch that can be used or disabled at compile time?

By the way - uninstalling the decoder was the only way to set things back to the 'standard MS DV decoder' i.e. the 'disable' option did not allow DV playback using Windows Media Player (playback worked but with no video, only audio) and I don't think that this has anything to do with the fact that SSE2 extensions are required.

Regards,

Dale.
Hi Dale,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll investigate the WMP issue (haven't seen that before).

For the sake of the DV Info community, I'd prefer to take this over to our Users Group to continue the discussion (http://www.enosoft.net/phpBB2/index.php)

Re the SSE2 support, the decoder contains a substantial amount of hand-coded SSE2 routines to maximize the speed of the various aspects of the decoder. Using SSE, rather than SSE2, would hurt performance. But, if the demand is high enough (translation - how many workstations?), we could consider adding SSE support (which the Athlon XPs have).

However, we have some other software in late development (almost ready for public beta) that is our priority.

Regards,
John Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC