DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Pinnacle Edition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/7035-pinnacle-edition.html)

Peter Burton February 18th, 2003 08:14 PM

Pinnacle Edition

Has anyone used Pinnacle Edition with the Canon XL1s and can comment on how well it works.

Any help is much appreciated

Riley G. Matthews, Jr February 23rd, 2003 04:36 PM

Re: Pinnacle Edition

It works GREAT... Pinnacle Edition DV will be giving Avid and Premiere a strong run for the money in the editing circles...

I also use a Firestore DV to HD interface to cut down on logging tapes and edit directly from the loaded firewire HD's...

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Burton : Has anyone used Pinnacle Edition with the Canon XL1s and can comment on how well it works.

Any help is much appreciated -->>>

Keith Luken February 24th, 2003 12:36 PM

I tested a trail version with a GL2 and ZR45MC, it worked ok, but I found Edition to be very bloated and slow. Premiere was better for me, buggy, but better. And Vegas is better yet.

Riley G. Matthews, Jr February 24th, 2003 12:51 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Luken : I tested a trail version with a GL2 and ZR45MC, it worked ok, but I found Edition to be very bloated and slow. Premiere was better for me, buggy, but better. And Vegas is better yet. -->>>

----------

I have not had any problems with Edition DV, in fact, I am using it for a feature film that I am producing and directing this summer...

Keith Luken February 24th, 2003 04:19 PM

Well I'm glad it is working for you, what kind of hardware do you have? Have you found it to be sluggish at times? I found that everytime I wanted to do something I felt liek I had to wait for it to catch up with me. The interface was new and refreshing, but in the end I skipped on it for now. Good luck!

Riley G. Matthews, Jr February 24th, 2003 05:06 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Luken : Well I'm glad it is working for you, what kind of hardware do you have? Have you found it to be sluggish at times? I found that everytime I wanted to do something I felt liek I had to wait for it to catch up with me. The interface was new and refreshing, but in the end I skipped on it for now. Good luck! -->>>

I have a Dell 8250 P4, HP DVD Writer 200e, two 120 gb hard drives, dual flat panel displays, 1gb ram, firestore dv to hd interface w/two 30gb firewire drives, and a shuttle pro

Rob Lohman February 24th, 2003 05:14 PM

Peter, from the responses here it looks like there is a demo
version available. Perhaps you should try this out before you
buy? If they don't have a demo on their website you can usuaslly
request one through e-mail or phone.

Gary Bettan February 25th, 2003 11:16 AM

Edition has some very cool features that i really like. The interface willt ake some getting used to. Once you are familiar with it, it is quite productive. Edition is also very stable and can handle multple long format projects at a time.

I think Iposted this here before, but here it is again:

Videoguys' Top 5 Reasons to Move Up To Edition

You never have to stop editing - Background rendering lets you keep working while Edition utilizes the full processing power of your CPU(s) while rendering in the background. That means you are more productive because you never have to stop working. Of course, when you need a break to grab a snack or go to the bathroom, Edition still keeps on working for you in the background!

You never loose your work - InstantSave automatically tracks every step so you will not lose your project for any reason. With Edition you can edit in the middle of a lightning storm without ever having to worry about loosing your work or having to start all over again. (Note: Lightning can still damage your computer - we are only giving you a worse case example here)

Perfect for long-format projects - When you combine Editions intuitive and flexible interface + containers to break your project into smaller more manageable sections + excellent media management tools + background rendering + Instant Save technology = it's easy to see why Edition is your best choice for producing long format projects - even several hours long. Edition works great with projects of any lengths including commercials, training videos, weddings, documentary's, family histories, promotional video, independent DV filmaking, home videos and whatever else you plan on doing.

Fully integrated DVD authoring - With Edition you can burn directly from the timeline to your DVD burner. You can also use Impressions to add interactive menus, chapter points and other cool DVD features. Just use Editions accelerated MPEG2 export feature then import the MPEG2 files into Impressions. It's that easy and your DVDs will be loaded with interactive features - just like the ones you get from the local video store!!

It's time to move up to Edition - Today there are many different video editing options for you to choose from. Edition was designed from the ground up for today's lightning fast computers and powerful operating systems. Edition lets you edit the way you want to - storyboard, timeline, 3 point editing, you name it. Edition is as flexible as it is powerful. Add in rock solid stability and fully integrated extras like TitelDeko, Hollywood FX, Alpha Magic and more and it's easy to see why the time is right to make the move. You don't have to settle for older technology that's been revised and patched but never re-coded for today's blazing fast computers. Once you move up to Edition, you'll never look back!

Gary