audio finishing and color correction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 24th, 2003, 10:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

audio finishing and color correction

If you want to send your finished project out of house to have the audio mixed or the color corrected, what elements do you need to provide? Just the finished piece, or all the sub clips too?

Thanks.
fargogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2003, 11:02 PM   #2
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

when i have a project color corrected on a daVinci .. i render out a editied project .. transfer to dv tape .. then have it copied to digibeta ... then i CC digibeta to digibeta ... i find the best prices are at night ... usually 12-16 hrs to CC 90 min project ... try to keep cost around $5K 90 min project ..

for audio i provide ALL the audio tracks .. if you have 8 audio tracks then you need to provide the 8 audio tracks ... keep dialogue, fx's , room tone, music etc separate ...

today to lower your cost ..if you are editing on FCP/avid depending on the house you could hand them a firewire hard drive with just your media files that are needed for the project.... they could then use FCP/avid for CC and export the sound over to pro tools ...

on my next project i will CC with Vegas 4 and/or Combustion 2.
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Does anyone know the cost of post production audio mixing?
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC