EMERGENCY PROBLEM: capturing DVC-pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 14th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EMERGENCY PROBLEM: capturing DVC-pro

I have a huge problem. I have a Panasonic DVCPRO D455 and i want to capture via firewire. I am usign VEgas 4, vegas 3, and premier 6.0 and in all programs the same problem appears.

When i preview the capture the image is ok. After capturing the clips i open them with windows media player and they look ok. But when i move the clips to an editor (vegas or premier) the image apperas all wrong, with artifacts, without order. I dont know why. Evertything is correct.

It is not a problem of frames, or video size. The problem is that the clips appers all meshed up. Doesnt matter which program i use the same problem appers.

The tapes i am using is DVC-PRO, but if i capture mini DV with the adapter with the same equipment everyting is perefct. I have tried several DVCPRO tapes, and it is always the same. The rare thing is that in windows media player and when capturing, the clips look good!!!

I need help soon.!!!!!!
Miguel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Sounds like the trouble is being caused by a system incompatibility with tapes recorded in the DVCPro format. Anybody else?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2003, 09:35 PM   #3
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

From what i remember dvcPro puts it's own header on the data and OHCI DV doesn't read it. now i remember something about a special board that slips into some dvcPro decks that will put a header on the data so it can be read as a normal dv data file ... the compression/data is all the same for dv , dvcam, dvcpro but the HEADER on the dvcpro is different.
Don Donatello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC