How to transfer HD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to transfer HD?

I am really one of those automatic amateur users....everything automatic unless I see something that obviously needs to be changed or edited.

I have used the Canopus DVStorm with mpeg module, for years and Edius 3 since it came out, for SD from my VX2100.

SO now I have a couple questions for transferring/capturing HD as well as SD.

Is there a better option out there now for HD and SD, than the Storm and Edius/Procoder?

For my SD minidv tapes I bought a cheap minidv camcorder to play the recorded tapes for capturing to my computer so as not to wear out my VX2100 in needless rewinding and playing. So is this same method feasible for HD? Or is there a deck or something that will play the tapes back and stream the HD to be captured to the computer? Don't suppose there is one component that does both SD and HD is there?

I was looking at the Focus products, the hard drive, but saw a thread on here where there are some problems with a couple of them. I like that methond better than tape for HD but would prefer to wait till they have those bugs fixed.

About a Focus device, can you capture SD minidv on it as well and then capture it to the computer through the dv input?

So basically I guess the main question is is there an alternate method to take the tapes with HD on them if I go that route and transfer them to computer without having to use my HD camcorder. And is there a better solution for handling HD and SD than the Canopus DVStorm and Edius?

I spoke on the phone the other day with a Canopus rep and they said they hadn't really gotten anything that was leaning to extensive HD use yet.....capturing it or anything like that...

thank you
Jerry.
Jerry Gordon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC