Sound problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 5th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sound problem

I just did video work of a tourist group in Israel.(GL2 camera) I use my wireless senheiser G2 and my audio technica at897 with self-made Fxlr to mini jack. there is a time I used the wireless and sometimes no chance to used wireless so I my at897 and I use headphone to monitoring the sound level. I figured out its ok by monitoring my sound. but when I captured in the adobe premiere pro2 the sound was captured to AT897 mic. was distorted and in the wireless is ok. I try to play the video to a TV the sound was fine. did I miss something about capturing the video in the program? any help and thanks in advance!

Chris
tel-aviv
Christian Mallari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle

As I undertand your post, you recorded some segments using the Sennheiser G2 wireless setup on a MiniDV tape. And, you also recorded some segments using the Audio Technica AT897 to the same tape.

Then you captured the tape into Premiere Pro 2.

If both segments were on the same tape,
and you captured the tape in one operation,
(in other words you captured the whole tape at one time),
and you have problems with the sound from one microphone,
then your sound problems are on the tape,
and you do not have a capture problem.
Old November 5th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mallari
I just did video work of a tourist group in Israel.(GL2 camera) I use my wireless senheiser G2 and my audio technica at897 with self-made Fxlr to mini jack. there is a time I used the wireless and sometimes no chance to used wireless so I my at897 and I use headphone to monitoring the sound level. I figured out its ok by monitoring my sound. but when I captured in the adobe premiere pro2 the sound was captured to AT897 mic. was distorted and in the wireless is ok. I try to play the video to a TV the sound was fine. did I miss something about capturing the video in the program? any help and thanks in advance!

Chris
tel-aviv
I would suspect your XLR to mini adapter. Are you using a mono TS miniplug and a stereo TRS plug? Just exactly how is it wired?
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

check here,

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78900
Christian Mallari is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC