Vegas 4 vs Premiere 6.5 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 11th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #76
Major Player

Not that I am aware of, but I don't know everything. There may be some kind of frameserving way to do it but I havent read much about anyone doing that, probably because the results are good with the main concept transcoding from within Vegas. It is also realtime for rendered footage or straight avi's.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #77
Inner Circle

Check out the Vegas forum, they have a very good and knowledgeable group of people there who are very quick to answer, but search for your answer first, I'll just about guarantee that the ??? has been asked and answered.
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #78
Major Player

Procoder

You can but The DVD architect doesn't seem to like the output file from Procoder. When I tried to author it it stated that it was incompatible "filename.mp2". I just use the mainconcept decoder built into vegas and it works just as well as procoder with the exception of the batch capabilities of Procoder. Also like you said you would have to render as AVI and then render again to MPEG-2. I hope you have lots of time on your hands ;p.
Old April 12th, 2003, 06:38 AM   #79
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas & DVDA don't like elementary stream MPEG files. Can you render it as an MPG file instead of an MP2?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC