DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Canon Gl2 and Pinnacle Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/85775-canon-gl2-pinnacle-software.html)

Greg Peters February 5th, 2007 09:28 PM

Canon Gl2 and Pinnacle Software

I am not sure if this is the correct forum.

I have been trying to capture and convert to DVD using Pinnacle software.
It gives me many errors and never works.

I did some reading on the Pinnacle site, apparently it is a known problem with the capture.

Anyone else have this problem??

Any suggestions on better software for what I want to do?

DV tape, capture to PC, create titles, very lite editing, create DVD

Thanks

Chris Barcellos February 5th, 2007 09:49 PM

Greg:

I have had every Pinnacle app from 6 to 10, and I just can't understand why people have so many problems with this app. I still use it to make relatively trouble free DVDs. You do need to download the latest update. In Pinnacle Studio 10+, it is version 10.7

Anyway, there is also AVID Free out there. Google it, and download it. It will capture and do basic editing.

Adobe has Premiere Elements, for basic video editing, at around $100.00

Sony Vegas has Movie Studio, + DVD, for basic editing and DVD making, again around $100.00.

Greg Peters February 5th, 2007 10:00 PM

I think I have version 9
The problem I have is actually identified and documented on Pinnacle's website.

Are you using a Canon GL2?

Chris Barcellos February 5th, 2007 10:02 PM

No Canon, but I've used all manner of Pannys, and Sonys. You would think Pinnacle would have solve any issue with GLs.

So what are they saying the problem is ?

Greg Peters February 5th, 2007 10:31 PM

It will not capture the audio

Woody Sanford February 6th, 2007 04:30 AM

Gl2+10.7

Normally I'm just a lurker around here, so much available to learn from from some real Pro's that I don't feel qualified to say much.

I'm using a GL2 and 10.7. I'm not having any trouble with compatibility. In fact I've been very impressed with the audio in my DVD's.

I've read allot about problems people are having with Pinnacle and though I did have some issue's at first, they were more in how I was using the program but then again I can have the same user comflicts while using a hammer, with the flat thumb to prove it.

Not sure if you're problem is software/camera or not but I think most of the issues regarding Pinnacle have more to do with software/PC compatibility. It seems to like lots of work space to function properly.

Margus Lillemagi February 7th, 2007 02:27 PM

Try to render out any format you need, avi or mpeg and use another software to compress (if needed) and burn. Additionally, look for a better NLE as Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas or Avid.

Regards,

Margus