Video iPod file conversion software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Video iPod file conversion software?

I saw an independent software product being used that converts most video files to the video iPod file that allows it to play on video iPods. It was less than $200 too. I wasn't able to get the name of that software though. Does anyone know what software is available to perform this conversion?
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #2
New Boot

There are a lot of programs out there that convert to iPod specs. iSquint and TubeSock both do that, but I'm confused. What do you actually need done?
Kevin Laster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I want to encode video files from .avi, .wmv or whatever to be able to play on video iPods. I use Premiere 6.5. Is there a plugin to do it in that software?
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I appreciate your help but this forum is for PCs and your suggestions were for use on Apples only. I found what looks to be the answer to my search. It is made by Alive Media and has the availability to convert many different multimedia files to the iPod format. Another converter they offer also has the ability to convert video to 3GP, 3G2 files, etc. for cell phones. The best part is the converters are only $30!

www.alivemedia.net

iPod Video Converter
www.alivemedia.net/ipod-video-converter.htm

Cell Phone Video Converter
www.alivemedia.net/3gp-video-converter.htm
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Try MPEG Streamclip, free software - will not work with wmv but will encode your avi files to mpeg4/h264/.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Just another suggestion to toss out there: I use Canopus Procoder to do any sort of video conversion and I've never had any major complaints.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I do have H.264 in my codec list in Premiere but after you use it, H.263 and a few others, Premiere won't let you export movies again until you reset Premiere back to it's initial settings. It does let me export .wmv, .asf, .mov, .mpg and .mp4 files without any issues though. Isn't Adobe great?
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC