Firewire on A7N8X Deluxe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 14th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Firewire on A7N8X Deluxe

Hello,
I upgraded my mother board and installed WinXP Pro SP1 and adobe premiere but I cannot get my camcorder to work, any help please? My camcorder is VX2000 and is connected to firewire. My uncle's TRV510 digital 8 works flawlessly. Yes I can capture but it can't export to tape or play realtime. I only gets a gray blocks. Thanks for any help.

Jun
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #2
Major Player

I solved my problem, I bought a cheap firewire card at compusa and works ok now.
Old May 16th, 2003, 10:21 AM   #3
Wrangler

Nice MB by the way. I was looking into upgrading mine. Uses dual-channel ddr ram right. I'm using the A7v333 now but I have to run some sort of weird Pinnacle Performance Enhancer patch with my DV500 card to get the needed PCI performance to cease getting black frames. Even with it I sporaticaly see a black frame from time to time in between transitions or clips.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes its really nice motherboard but I hate the firewire port (won't work with my Two camcorders, both sony).
Old May 18th, 2003, 07:46 AM   #5
New Boot

I have the a7n8x dlx also

I hooked up the dac-100 converter to the firewire card provided with the mb and it worked first time. I captured to Vegas and will try Avid express later. I'll try a camcorder down the road. My OS is same as yours.

Doug
Doug Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Major Player

They are great motherboards, but I opted for the VIA based boards instead. Their SATA implementaiton allows for an additional channel for IDE devices, while the n-Force is stuck with 4. I really needed that 5th channel! :)

MB Manufacturers however, have a nasty habit of configuring the onboard firewire to share an IRQ with IDE or a RAID controller. Very poorly implemented, so for our needs a 3rd party FireWire card is a must.

I'm currently utilizing the FireWire port on my Audigy2 Platinum drive.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 10:48 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Out of interest have you tried using the on board firewire ports since you installed the firewire card? The reason i ask is that on my motherboard i have usb2 and the onboard usb2 wouldn't recognise my scanner. I had to put in the usb2 card supplied with my scanner in order to get it to work. However after installing the drivers for the card the onboard usb2 ports now work too.

REgards
Nick Glenister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM   #8
Major Player

Drivers, drivers, drivers. Nick when you installed the new card it may have installed the OS updates for USB 2.0. It may have also installed the new, more compatible USB 2.0 driver, which in turn the OS used for the other device as well.

Jun, the IEEE 1394 port on the A7N8X Deluxe works just fine, I am using it for all my cameras and my externeal HDD. I suggest getting the newest NForce drivers from NVidia and trying them out. Also check your BIOS IRQ's.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 02:03 AM   #9
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Garret Ambrosio : Drivers, drivers, drivers. Nick when you installed the new card it may have installed the OS updates for USB 2.0. It may have also installed the new, more compatible USB 2.0 driver, which in turn the OS used for the other device as well.->>>

Yes it did, that was what i was suggesting had happened to my computer.

I figured it was plausable that this could have happened to Jun's computer too and that he might find that the onboard ports now also work.

I was just a passing comment.

Regards

Nick
Nick Glenister is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC