Apparently a Tough Question.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parks View Post
Jon,Sorry about that. I did do a test last night converting m2t 720/30 video to Cineform w QT wrapper using NEO. And then was able to import it into Avid Xpress in a 720/60p project (Non HDV) at DNXHD 220 and 145. And they held up well. It was pretty fast and certainly faster than MPEGstreamclip.
Food for thought. I know it takes a compression a hit, but going from Cineform (QT wrapper) to DNXHD worked much better than I thought it would. It might be worth it to you to download the free 15 day demo from Cineform's website. It couldn't hurt to give it try. Good Luck
David,

Do you think a similar QT workflow would work in 720 24p in Xpress?
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #17
Major Player

After I saw your previous quesion I did a test with 3 720/24p clips in m2t and they worked fine. I imported the QT's into 720/60 and 720/30 HDV project timelines with no problems. And again much much faster than MPEGstreamclip. I'll try a 720/24p (Non HDV) later.

I definately will use NERO in my workflow. My next purchase is a Firestore drive. Go from drive with m2t>batch capture in NERO>Batch Import into Avid.

Jon, Tell me what you think when you try it out.
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Avid Xpress / NEO HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parks View Post
I'll try a 720/24p (Non HDV) later.
David,

Just wondering if you ever tested NEO in a 720/24p timeline, and if you had success?
Jon Springer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC