Can I power this widescreen? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 10th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #1
Major Player

Can I power this widescreen?

Hey guys... I think it's time for me to upgrade my monitor to a 24" Widescreen LCD. I need the 1920x1200 resolution, but I am a bit unsure if my GeForce 7600GT graphics card is up to the task. Does anyone know if this graphics card is more than capable of handling that big of screen resolution? The specs say it does, but support doesn't always mean 'it works good'. Thanks for any advice.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Major Player

I see no reason why your video card shouldn't support 1920X1200... According to the spec sheet on Nvidia's website, the card is capable of displaying much higher resolutions at good refresh rates. Make sure you can set your card's output at the exact resolution that your new monitor is optimized for. So, if this 24" display says it does 1920X1200, set your card to 1920X1200. In my experiences, deviating from the resolution listed on the monitor results in some blurry or distorted images.
Shawn McCalip is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC