Sony vegas and esata drives for HD editing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony vegas and esata drives for HD editing?

Was curious if anyone was using these for hd video in esata setup, I plan on using tham to hold video both hdv and cinform on one drive them have two internal drives dedicated to other render and temp and one other internal OS drive, that way I can connect up to 4 external drives esata that house a lot of video to work on and render to internals, if you are using them are they fast enough or is there a problem? I already discovered they need to be reformatted in NTSF for larger files
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136082

and an esata pci-e1 card like thishttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3118921&CatId=1455
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM   #2
New Boot

Yes, it works fine. I had the opportunity to test a system with 4 drives, SATA I raid, including a Blackmagic decklink card.
The footage was HDV 720, but the system had problems to playback real time in the timeline, even it has double Xeon 2.66 Gb processors and 3 Gb ram.
The good thing was editing in a stable EDL.
I suppose if you can work with SATA II it will give you better results.

Saludos!
Octavio Gasca
Octavio Gasca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC