Need some info... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Need some info...

It's been awgile since I last navigated these waters and it's both great and confusing to see the changes.

I have a PDX10, some gear and software to sell off and before I enter the cut throat world of ebay I need to know if there is still a market place here on the forum/s?

This site has grown so well that the appropriate forum was not apparent to me.

Thanks
NEF
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Neftali. The Private Classifieds forum is here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=16

It is only available to members who have been here for awhile, but you should be able to access it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:30 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
Hi Neftali. The Private Classifieds forum is here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=16

It is only available to members who have been here for awhile, but you should be able to access it.
Why is that? I can understand newbie's not being able to sell things. But what better way for a newbie to get used gear, then a trusted forum dedicated to the format???
Joe Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Because DVinfo doesn't want that there come thousands of new members, only to sell or buy something, and then leave the boards again.
They want valuable members who are more dedicated, and that's not an attack to newbies, everybody has been a newbie, and there are also many people here who read this boards a lot, but don't post that often, there's nothing wrong with that either.
But trough these regulations, DVinfo stops the danger of becoming an unwanted Ebay.

Dvinfo is much better then Ebay though ;-)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM   #5
New Boot

Fair enough. As you can see, I'm just found this site a couple of weeks ago. I'm lovin' it, a wealth of information.

Do you know what the restriction is? Is it based on your posts, join on date, something else?

thanks,
joe
Joe Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #6
New Boot

thanks...

Boyd...

I completly understand the policy...makes sense. Well, while I WAS an early contributor...I do find myself in semi forum retirement these last few years.

and I'm sorry about that...

Thanks, again

NEF
www.ncano.com
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #7
Wrangler

I believe access to the classified is granted after one month of membership in good standing.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion