Quick Question - Formatt FM500 Matte Box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Tourist

Quick Question - Formatt FM500 Matte Box

Hi all, this is my very first post on here, but there will be many more to come.

I recently brought a Formatt FM500 Matte Box for my Sony FX1 camera, the matte box however didnt come with a screw in filter adapter.

My question is does the Cokin P series 72mm screw addapter work on the FM500 does anybody know, as im away from home at the monent to test it, and dont want to buy one for $40 if i allready have one, I have the Matte Box here now and it looks similar, just wondering if anybody know for certain?

Thanks
Simon
Si Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the formatt matte box for my JVC, and as far as I remember (because its packed away at the moment) the adaptor is specific to the matte box. I can't say whether you'd find anything else that would do the job, maybe its better to bite the bullet and pay the $40 (better than having the thing fall off in the middle of a shoot...)
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion