Immersive Video: EyeSee 360 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Take a look *around.*

Old September 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Immersive Video: EyeSee 360

http://www.eyesee360.com/videowarp/

This isn't exactly new...I've seen this before when Quicktime VR was in its infancy.

Basically, you shoot video footage by aiming a video camera at a parabolic mirror[aiming up] that is attached to your camera lens.

In this case, it is an attachment of their one shot qtvr mount[like a security camera mirror].

The resulting video is viewed through a special player that dewarps the image so while you are watching the movie...the viewer can actually manipulate the direction where he wants to view.

Of course, this only works via a computer, but very cool.

I doubt the image quality is very good, but I can imagine shooting a home video of myself in the middle seat in a car on a road trip. Where everyone is talking and conversing and on playback, the viewer can choose what he what he wants to see.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Major Player

I've been doing VR photography as well as video for some time, and am familiar with the eyesee360 products. The biggest detraction with the product is the full 360 degree view is captured on one frame which results a much lower resolution of the entire VR project. I prefer the higher resolution gained stitching several frames together.

However, the issue is more dependent upon the final delivery format of the project. I'm sure it will become a useful asset for many productions.

There has been a similar product available for a few years that allows the QTVR "movie" produced with still images to be converted into video. I stumbled across it sometime ago, but never had use for it. It's called QTVRRecorder, costs $19.95, and can be found here:
http://www.longfingers.com/qtvrrecorder/index.php

It is clearly not the same kind of product, but might be useful.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR