Firewire splitter - is there such a thing? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #16
New Boot

Look forward to it, problem with the examples ViewCast give is there all in C++, I only know a limited amount about VB6.
Graham Spratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Spratt View Post
Have run into one issue, the Vision Mixer I through we was going to be using doesn't have DV out only SDI, anyone know of away of converting to DV without having to buy some hardware to do it.
I faced the same issue with our Datavideo SE800 mixer. My options were either to buy a DV out module to upgrade the mixer or to buy a converter. I opted for the second option because it gave me two firewire outputs, not just one. It is the Datavideo DAC-15, you can feed any of these: composit, SVIDEO, component, DV/firewire. All outputs will put out the respective signal. I use component in - two DV out, one for live streaming, the other one for direct DVD burning (could record to a second computer in DV format if needed). Or could use the same computer to split the signal with John's software once he works out the bugs - or maybe I need a faster computer...

$767 at our trusted sponsor http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nal_DV_to.html. It has separate audio with volume control, and on the video you can do luma/chroma/constrast adjustments.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #18
New Boot

This isn't really my area of expertise, what we are doing is paying some to bring along 3 Sony PDW-EX1and a Panasonic AG-MX70 Vision Mixer to film a sports event.

We need to come out of that vision mixer into a Osprey 2000 DV PRO, and then use windows media encoder to archive and also do a web stream and we can’t just use one windows media encoder because it doesn’t allow you to archive at full resolution and encode the web stream and a lower resolution at the same time, we also need to do a few other things.

ViewCast use to sell SimulStream for the Osprey 2000 but as the card is discontinued they don’t sell the license anymore and even if they did it was something like $2000

Were using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 2x250 GB Hard Drives + 80GB Hard Drive for the OS
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Spratt View Post
We need to come out of that vision mixer into a Osprey 2000 DV PRO, and then use windows media encoder to archive and also do a web stream and we can’t just use one windows media encoder because it doesn’t allow you to archive at full resolution and encode the web stream and a lower resolution at the same time, we also need to do a few other things.
Can you confirm that you have the DV Pro version of the Osprey 2000? If you do then our existing software will work without need for modification for MPEG2. This is what one of our clients already does for live web streaming of athletic events. WME is used for the streaming and a separate program (essentially any DV capture program) writes the DV to disk. In this particularly case the source is a DV camcorder but any DV FireWire will work.

John.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #20
New Boot

Sorry it's the VIEWCAST OSPREY 2000 D DV, it's can't do MPEG
Encoding
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #21
New Boot

Don't think I said this, the Sony PDW-EX1 are connected to the Panasonic AG-MX70 Vision Mixer via SDI, we come out of the Panasonic AG-MX70 VIA SDI (259M) into the SDI input on the OSPREY 2000 D DV.
Graham Spratt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion