Any fellow Canon ZR850 users out there? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #1
New Boot

Any fellow Canon ZR850 users out there?

Just curious if any fellow users have any suggestions or tips for a new Zr850 user
Eaves Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaves Landry View Post
Just curious if any fellow users have any suggestions or tips for a new Zr850 user
Not sure, but I can tell you that without a Mic input, it's not really worth it. It's got slightly better picture than the ZR800s, but since the ZR800 has a mic input and the ZR850 doesn't, I'd go with the ZR800 anyday. Trust me, even if you're just shooting school plays, that mic input makes everything so much better.

Sound is always more important than video because sound is how the story gets across.

I mean, I'd return it to the store, honestly. I used to have (still do, actually - getting rid of it) a ZR80, which I thought had a mic-in when I bought it. I was ticked off that it didn't have a mic-in, because I was used to working with the ZR75 from school, which had a mic-in port.
Brian Boyko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion