Foggy morning framegrabs. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 15th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #31
High School Student

Trey, I'm 14, and even if I had a little petty job (like washing pans at pizza oven) I still wouldn't be able to save up the money needed for a camera like yours, I'd go nuts and break down and buy something else before I got enough to buy a DSLR. Hopefully when i'm older. :D
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #32
Wrangler

Regarding the rule of 3rds, it is true that it makes for a more pleasing composition however it isn't set in stone. You don't always have to shoot using this rule to get the best composition. I mean that in regards to Alex's 15_2, and 16 landscape shots. I see no reason why the horizon had to lie on a 3rd line for that particular shot. I actually thought the pic had good composition, with the large tree to the right breaking up the horizon.

When it comes to art it's really hard to hold any standing argument back and forth, after all it's mostly opinion. For example when I go to the Philadelphia Art Museum and see these huuuuge canvases with a few splashes of paint randomly smeared about (ie "abstract" art)I think it's no-talent garbage. Though they'll be a million people that'll disagree with me.

I've been an illustrator all my life (all 25 year of it, lol) and within the last 4 years or so been getting into the digital end of art including photography and videography. I should post some of my digital photography to have it critiqued. I better brace myself when I post them- Dylan can be brutal. :) Take care guys.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Alex mucho kudos! for being 14 you have a lot of ambition! hang in there and keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off in the long run!

p.s. ill match you kat for kat
look into my eyes!
http://visualstudios.org/10dpics/img_0099.jpg

Trey Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #34
Major Player

Great pic, Trey. Those pupils look like the window to some far-away galaxy of stars!
Old June 16th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #35
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Trey Perrone : Alex mucho kudos! for being 14 you have a lot of ambition! hang in there and keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off in the long run!

] -->>>

Ditto man- when I was 14 I was spending all day on my SNES or at the arcade playing Street Fighter 2....oh those were the days. :)

If your this ambitous and have this good of an understanding of NLE already your bound to be great. You've got the talent and ambition all you need now is experience and your on your way to being sucessfull....if video is what you wanna do career'wise. Good luck- keep up the great work.
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #36
High School Student

Thanks, actually thats really what I am probably best at, is editing, since it really just kind of blends in with my computer experience and stuff, i've been using computers since I was 7/8, and I've built and fixed many, many, many, many.

I just can't see doing anything with computers for a future job/career, sitting behind a desk all day or doing anything like that would be torture. Today, digital video and computers go together very well, you can't really do one without the other.

I'm waiting to shoot my next stupid little 4-6 minute video. I'll post it when it's done.

Trey, nice picture, the DOF with that lens and stuff on that camera is crazy, but I got you topped on funny cat pictures, here's one, nothing special, it was my webcam on www.rickandrak.com awhile ago, i'll post another one I got earlyer of this same cat that was pretty funny.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...1/webcam10.jpg
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #37
Wrangler

Ok I'm inspired- check out the other post on this forum- I just linked a bunch of pics of my own work. Go easy...I'm not a pro.
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #38
Regular Crew

oh yeah...we just shaved one of our cats...hehehehe...took almost 3 hours and my dad almost lost a finger....problem is i have to find her to get a pic first...she saw me this morning and ran...i was the one who held her down. just wait my friends ill get one up in the next day or so...

Old June 16th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #39
High School Student

Hahaha, Yeah, I want to shave one of our cats too, he is so hairy, I could make a whole outfit from all the hair if we shaved him.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/169091/cat.jpg

Heh, he's so retarded.
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #40
Regular Crew

does this kat look pissed off or what?
http://visualstudios.org/10dpics/stitches1.jpg

"in the jungle...."

Old June 16th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #41
Major Player

That is the typical "leave me alone" expression of a cat!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion