DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Full Frontal! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/1086-full-frontal.html)

mdreyes23 February 26th, 2002 10:32 AM

Full Frontal!

What's this? I usually follow coming attractions very religiously but how come I've never known about this movie???

I just visited the website...very cool. Has some of my favorite actors...plus one of my favorite directors. Idea seems interesting...Steven Soderbergh seems to be going back to his roots...or creating this new idea with this experimental digital video film. AND he is using the Canon XL1s...pretty cool. Can't wait to see it...comes out supposedly on March 8th.

Anybody know anything more about this movie?

mdreyes23 February 26th, 2002 10:41 AM

doh...scratch that. It looks like the movie won't come out until end of march and in limited release. Probably why the preview isn't available yet too.

mdreyes23 February 28th, 2002 09:33 AM

fyi

This movie is now set to release in theatres August 2nd.

Chris Hurd March 2nd, 2002 09:37 PM

My understanding is that he purposefully delayed release in order to enter it at Cannes.

Rob Lohman March 4th, 2002 05:51 AM

From www.aintitcoolnews.com

NEW YORK, Feb. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Miramax Films has slated Steven Soderbergh's new film "Full Frontal" to open on August 2, 2002 - some 13 years after his debut, "sex, lies, and videotape," broke out in theaters and helped change the landscape of independent film.

"We were set to come out in March and then Miramax came to me with the idea of an anniversary opening, which I found pretty appealing," Soderbergh said. "This is in large part because, if I were to make 'sex, lies, and videotape' today, 'Full Frontal' is very much the form it would take." "Full Frontal" stars David Duchovny, Nicky Katt, Catherine Keener, Mary McCormack, David Hyde Pierce, Julia Roberts and Blair Underwood. Set in Los Angeles, it's the story of seven people with very little in common who are about to come together in a way they never expected. Like "Day For Night," this is a movie about movies for people who love movies. "Full Frontal" is written by Coleman Hough and produced by Scott Kramer and Gregory Jacobs. "'sex, lies, and videotape' was a pioneering film that helped define Miramax's taste and commitment to independent film and the filmmaker's vision," said Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of Miramax. "What I love most about "Full Frontal" is that it continues this tradition, but takes it in new directions that reflect Steven's passions and undeniably wide-ranging talents. We're thrilled to be a part of it, and we love bringing it to audiences on such an auspicious anniversary."

Chris Hurd March 5th, 2002 09:31 AM

Heh... Tuesday, March 5th at 9:30am CST... Full Frontal was just now mentioned on CNN Headline News (nationwide in the U.S. for all you overseas types). Finally a bit of mass-market press! Mentioned a release date of "later this summer." The short piece talked about Stevie's funny rules for the shoot, plus long-time Sody alum Julia's involvement.

Rob Lohman March 7th, 2002 07:25 AM

TV Guide reports that Steven Soderbergh's new film will premiere at this year's Cannes Film Festival

Chris Hurd March 7th, 2002 01:18 PM

Thanks, Rob -- I just knew that was the *real* cause for the delay!

;-)

Rob Lohman April 30th, 2002 04:52 AM

There's a picture up from the film!!

http://www.empiremovies.com/gallery/fullfrontal_01.shtml

Now, the question is... did this picture came from the XL1S
or from the 35mm film? (it looks like film, but not sure)..

Any thoughts on this?

Bradley Miller April 30th, 2002 06:28 PM

Looks to me like well lit video. The image just seems cloudy and has a lack of contrast, but then again with things like Photoshop there's really no telling what the actual source was. Any experienced Photoshop user could take any photo and make it look like video, or vice versa. What's of most interest to me is how the actual finished video will look when projected on a high end video projector and/or on 35mm film.